Our national conference is an important event for the Canadian international education community, and we are continuously working to identify and implement measures to minimize negative environmental and social impacts in its planning and execution. Specifically, at CBIE2023, we’ll be implementing the following initiatives:
- Paperless Program: All of our session and conference information can be found on the conference website or app. We will not be providing printed programs.
- Meatless Monday: Recognizing the impact that meat farming has on the environment, all meals, including snacks, will be meat-free on Monday.
- Recyclable Lanyards: This year’s lanyards are made of recycled materials.
- Carbon Offsetting: To offset the carbon emissions generated by hosting and attending our conference, CBIE will make a donation to Carbone Boréal to help reforest portions of agricultural wasteland impossible to cultivate. Sponsors are also invited to make donations.
- Onsite Commitment: We work closely with our host venues to ensure that we offer a sustainable conference experience. The Vancouver Convention Centre is the world’s first double LEED® Platinum convention centre. Learn more about the venue’s commitment to green meetings.
We welcome your thoughts and comments on ways in which you feel we can improve our impact. Please provide your feedback within our conference survey, available on our conference app in November.